This is one of our favorite recipes that is not only delicious, beautiful to serve but also a nutritional powerhouse!
Raspberries have one of the highest concentrations of anti oxidants of any fruit and have many health benefits. Recent studies have shown that they can even help with weight loss and gut health due to being a good source of prebiotic fiber that helps feed and promote our healthy gut flora . This fiber also works to keep you feeling full longer, curbing your appetite and helping you to lose weight.
Raspberries have an impressive nutrient value for their tiny size, and offer high disease fighting antioxidants such as quercetin, anthocyanins, and ellagic acid, a compound that has been found to lower the risk of cancer. They are also high in key vitamins and minerals including vitamin C, Folic Acid, Copper and Iron that help us stay healthy. One nice perk, t he high anti oxidant properties of raspberries give them wrinkle fighting power as they help fight free radicals that can damage and age skin.
This simple recipe is easy to make, low in calories, gluten and dairy free. Enjoy!
- 3 cups of frozen, organic raspberries
- 2 T honey
- whole earth monk fruit/stevia blend to taste ( I use 2 – 3 packets)
- 1 tsp of lemon juice – use meyer lemons if available as they are sweeter
- ¼ C of warm water, as needed to blend and achieve desired consistency
- Place the frozen raspberries into a food processor or high-speed blender. Add the honey, lemon juice and blend.
- Add a little warm water slowly, using your spatula to press and help move the mixture, until you get a smooth, ice cream like consistency.
- For a softer texture, pour int o individual ramekins, garnish as desired and serve immediately . For a firmer texture, transfer to a freezer-safe container and freeze for approximately 3 to 4 hours. Scoop out with an ice cream scooper and serve immediately.
* Makes approximately 4 servings
- Drizzle of Limon cello – add 1 – 2 T of Limoncello and fresh raspberries
- Sprinkle with 1 T of dark chocolate chips and fresh berries of choice