Make this stress transformation tool a daily practice and find yourself increasing the positive energy in your life! With any new habit, consistency is key, the more you practice, the better the results and the better you will feel. If you have any questions, feel free to call us: 828-435-2352.
Finding Relief From Stress And Anxiety
Step 1: Heart-Focused Breathing
- Focus your attention in the area of your heart.
- Imagine your breath is flowing in and out of your heart or chest area, breathing a little slower and deeper than usual.
- Inhale 5 seconds, exhale 5 seconds, or a slow deep rhythm you are comfortable with.
- Put your attention around the heart/chest area and think of your breath going into and out of this space.
Step 2: Activate a Positive Feeling
- Make a real attempt to generate or re-experience a positive or regenerative feeling such as appreciation or care for someone or something in your life.
- Try to re-experience a love, care or appreciation for someone, a pet, a special place, a memory or focus on a feeling of calm or ease.
- Breathe in this feeling and experience, generate that feeling in your heart as you continue to breathe in slowly and deeply from your heart space.
That’s it! Practice for a couple minutes at a time and notice how you feel afterward.
A token of advice: At first, I suggest you practice at a calm and quiet time of the day until you feel that you can actually generate the positive feeling. Then, you can use this technique at any time you are triggered or anxious to transform the negative energy into a more positive and healthy state.
We offer a biofeedback tool and coaching for you to learn and practice, our program is simple and only requires a few visits. Book a Session today: 828-435-2352