Green smoothies and fresh pressed green juices can be a wonderful way to help your body detoxify, cleanse and re-balance our acid – alkaline levels. Collagen boosting greens are naturally alkalizing and their detoxifying powers are wonderful for our overall health, boosting our energy, and lowering inflammation. They are also jam packed with vitamins, anti oxidants and phytochemicals that act like little super heroes in our bodies keeping us well.
Green smoothies are amazing for collagen boosting and improving your skin health and beauty. These babies are high in vitamins A, C, K and E along with B1, B2, B3, calcium, beta-carotene and lutein all which help to promote the repair of our skin and are great to have as part of your daily routine, but especially important to include for a week or so after having a skin treatment such as microneedling. Minerals in green veggies like zinc and copper also help with collagen production and boosts rejuvenation of the skin, helping create supple, glowing skin.
Smoothies are easy to make at home and all you need is a blender, organic greens and some veggies. Here is an easy green smoothie recipe that you can swap out for your breakfast or snack for anytime, especially when you include the collagen protein.
Collagen Boosting Green Smoothie
- 1 large handful of organic spinach
- 1 small handful of organic kale
- ½-frozen banana
- ½ C of organic frozen raspberries, blueberries or a triple berry mix
- 1 tsp of chia seeds
- ¼ avocado
- 1 Cup of almond, hemp or coconut milk
- 1 – 2 packets of stevia or Whole Earth Monk/Stevia blend to taste for sweetness
- 2 Scoops of Garden of Life Collagen Peptides vanilla or plain flavor, for adding 20 grams of protein and collagen to this smoothie.
Mix all of these collagen boosting ingredients in a blender until smooth.