Dermatologists have long argued about the benefits of Vitamin C for the skin. Its topical use is known to improve skin texture and quality. Vitamin C is one of the most powerful antioxidants out there which we often recommend as part of your Asheville facial treatments for boosting collagen production in your body.
It can also ward off free radicals from ultraviolet rays found in sunlight, as well as protect us from environmental pollutants that further age skin.
What is a Vitamin C Face Treatment?
A Vitamin C Face treatment refers to the practice of using serums or lotions containing Vitamin C to help smooth wrinkles and creases on the face. Treatments can consist of a facial, mask or home products that are part of a daily skin regimen.
Generally, a solution containing 3 to 20 percent Vitamin C is used for Vitamin C Face treatment. It’s essential to use the right type of serum as too much concentration of Vitamin C may cause redness and skin irritation while if the serum contains too low of a percentage of Vitamin C, then it may prove ineffective.
There are several Vitamin C serums and lotions available which may differ from each other in several ways. These serums may even contain different types of Vitamin C and may have a varying percentage of Vitamin C. Many serums list Ascorbic Acid as an ingredient which is just another name for Vitamin C. It is also important to make sure that your treatment contains a stable form of Vitamin C that can be absorbed by the skin such as L-ascorbic acid or Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate.
What are the Top Benefits of an Asheville Facial Treatment with Vitamin C?
Vitamin C face treatment has several benefits over other similar facials and skin care treatments. The following are the main benefits of a Vitamin C face treatment:
- It brightens the skin and gives it a youthful glow.
- Vitamin C has a hydrating effect on the skin allowing it to retain moisture by decreasing trans-epidermal water loss.
- Vitamin C is safe for all skin types, and only in sporadic cases, people having hypersensitive skin may experience some minor irritation.
- It boosts collagen production. Collagen is a naturally occurring protein in our body. As we age, our body’s ability to produce collagen reduces, which leads to wrinkles and fine lines.
- It also protects skin from sun damage and is often used in sunscreen lotions.
Nutritional Ways of Boosting your Vitamin C
Boosting Vitamin C in your diet has been found to help with overall skin health including wound healing, collagen production and of course overall immunity. You can easily boost your Vitamin C intake by incorporating Vitamin C rich foods in your diet on a daily basis. Foods that contain high levels of Vitamin C are:
- Strawberries – rich in Vitamin C, fiber and antioxidants, great snack any time of the day
- Sweet or Hot Peppers – try dipping sliced sweet peppers in your favorite dip for a quick and easy snack
- Kale and Spinach- swap out your lettuce in your salads for kale and/or spinach for an easy way to boost your Vitamin C and A
- Kiwi – this great snack is packed with Vitamins C, K and E, fiber and potassium to help boost your skin health and immunity
- Broccoli – packed with nearly 135% of your daily Vitamin C requirement, this cruciferous veggie has many health properties including Vitmains B6, A and fiber
The Best Asheville Facial Treatment
If you are looking for a high quality Vitamin C Facial or Home Regimen, you can get the best Asheville Facial Treatment at Dr. Harpe Laser + Wellness Clinic. Dr. Harpe is offering a $90 “Ultimate Relaxation Facial, including Vitamin C infused serums” for a limited period. Usually, this package is $110, but the reduced price of $90 is applicable throughout July. Call us at 828-435-2352 or fill out this form to request for an appointment.